After a successful launch in 2015 (110 nominations, 11 awards for projects and personalities), the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA) is launching the second program for the ITA Tunneling Awards. This event will take place in Singapore Nov. 10-11, 2016. ITA is now inviting nominations.
Profiling particularly outstanding achievements in underground infrastructure across the world through this competition, ITA intends to identify and support a wide and diverse range of tunneling projects, from large-scale and large-budget infrastructure projects to more specific ground-breaking technical innovations.
Entries are being accepted in nine categories:
- Major Tunneling Project of the Year – over €500m
- Tunneling Project of the Year – between €50m and €500m
- Outstanding Tunneling Project of the Year – up to €50m
- Renovation/Upgrading Project of the Year
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Environmental Initiative of the Year
- Safety Initiative of the Year
- Innovative Use of Underground Space
- Young Tunneler of the Year
Entries can be submitted until May 30, 2016. The submission requirements and selection process are stated in the ITA Tunneling Awards website (https://awards.ita-aites.org/). The finalists will be announced by mid-July 2016.
For the 2016 edition of the ITA Tunneling Awards event which is supported by the Tunneling and Underground Construction Society, Singapore, and to be held in Singapore, there will be two important days:
- On Nov. 10, a one-day Technical Conference with 8 high-profile keynote lectures.
- On Nov. 11, the one-day Awards Conference and Banquet Dinner, during which the awards will be presented.