Based on its commitment to environmental stewardship and to reducing its environmental impact, Michels Corp. has been accepted into the Wisconsin Green Tier program. Green Tier is administered by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and recognizes organizations for superior environmental performance and commitment beyond regulatory requirements.
“At Michels, we recognize that sustainable operations effectively balance positive economic, environmental and social benefits,” said Dave Melum, Director of HSE and Technical Services. “Becoming a member of Green Tier is recognition of that commitment.”
Environmental excellence is part of Michels’ core values and is demonstrated by its employees on a daily basis. As a Green Tier member, Michels is recognized for its past accomplishments and its future efforts.
Michels’ Green Tier goals for 2016 include:
- Reducing idling time by 10 percent
- Reducing hazardous waste generation
- Reducing solid waste stream
- Continuing to reduce energy use
- Continuing to purchase high efficiency or Energy Star rated equipment
- Adding to fleet of hybrid and/or alternative fuel vehicles.
- Developing and implementing an Environmental Management System.
“Protecting and maintaining the environment is an integral part of Michels’ operations,” Melum said. “As a result, our employees are able to enjoy our natural resources when they aren’t building and maintaining our nation’s infrastructure.”